Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A Letter

I believe I said something to you years ago that, to me, was just goofing around, as [your man] and I used to do. You know him so you know that his humor (at least when I frequented him) knew no bounds. I saw you as an extension of him, and felt like I could say anything. And I said something that was insensitive &/or insulting to you. I apologize for that; I didn't know where that line was, and I crossed it.

You don't need to reply, and, with respect, I'm not asking you for anything. This is not a change of heart or a change of mind. It's not an awakening or a bid for redemption. It's just taken me this long to figure out what [your] perspective was on this, when I finally saw [your man]'s post on [a website] about [me]. I wanted to clear the air because it all got out of control really fast and I didn't know how, exactly. 

I hope the tone of this message is not offensive, but it contains the thing I value most, and that is honesty. In accordance with the Golden Rule, I want to be treated the same way. I know that the truth hurts, so it won't surprise me when it does. 

 I just wanted to put it out there that I wish I hadn't said what I said.

No comments:

Post a Comment