Friday, October 5, 2018

Introduction

Hi.

I'm an undereducated, middle-aged white man with opinions that span the breadth of mainstream media talking points. I get wound up with impotent rage at every conservative declaration, and I fall right into all of the liberal "wisdom" and causes, without actually knowing anything about them. I fell hard for Bernie Sanders, and I took on all of his opposition on Facebook, telling them how stupid they were and how many spelling and punctuation mistakes they made.

I rail about black men being shot by police, yet I've never talked to a black man or a police man about it. I just make up my mind from media coverage and general liberal outcries.

I like to say I'm not racist, but I was raised in a time when racism was a part of our upbringing. It wasn't taught with hatred, it was taught with laughter. I heard racist jokes, I didn't engage in racist behavior. I was mostly insulated from other cultures by being raised in a hippy-ass small town in Southern California, where you had to go two cities away to find someone from one country away. My dad told us a fair number of racist jokes, but they were based on absolute silliness, not on real aspects of other races. I think my mom was more racist than my dad, but she kept quiet about it. I'm grateful for that.

So I may come on here and post things that I have no business speaking on, and I'll surely come off as a naive ass. But as I am working to better myself with study, contemplation, and medication, I hope to improve my viewpoints to ones that won't make me want to sue every school I ever went to for negligence.

Fabulous examples of my naivete can be found on my previous blog, but this one I will try to handle with more humor.

Instead of my usual disclaimer, stating that, "my opinions may change. Hold me to what I've said if you must, but don't hold me to my former opinions. The goal is to change those," I will instead open this blog with a new disclaimer: I'm not taking any of this stuff (myself) that seriously. It is with the purpose of humor and gaiety that I present these "perspectives."

DDMC

No comments:

Post a Comment